Tuesday 26 January 2010

Focus 2 - Tree Cube

I found this article in an airplane magazine and thought I'd look into it this Focus week....When I began this blog I looked at various treehouses around the world....I fantasise about living in the trees!

This is the Harads hotel, created by Swedish architects Tham and Videgard and is perched high up in the treetops. Its a room for two, with a large bed, kitchenette, bath AND a living room and roof terrace. To me it looks like a hologram! Access to the cabin is by rope ladder or rope bridge.

Apparently, to avoid accidental bird collisions, the laminate glass will have an ultraviolet colour screenprint which is only visible to birds. Clever.

I do wonder though, how the structure is attached to the tree....not enough detail in the drawing below. I would imagine the tree is protected, since they've considered the birds.

No comments: