Friday 15 May 2009

Extended Essay: Year 3 Dissertation


The summer probably wont be seeing too much of the word 'holiday'. At least not for me.

These coming months will see the preparations for the notorious Dissertation, or Extended Essay as Kingston is calling it, in an attempt to make it sound a little less scary.

I have a few topics in mind, all of which I believe will incite some enthusiasm, interest and most importantly motivation. ITs just chosing which one. I have my heart set on my 1st topic: Greening the Future: Living Walls & Green Roofs. The two others I proposed were: The importance of small/green spaces for urban inhabitants and Damage Control: The role of the landscape architect of the 21st Century.

As they all fit the required criteria of sustaining oneself whilst writing a dissertation, I think my interests lie chiefly in modern urban greening practices of living walls and green roofs.


My following articles over the next few months will find their focus here. I will be doing extensive research on the subject to get things going early.

The joys of being a nerd.

No comments: